Ismail is a multi-jurisdictional practitioner with substantial experience in business, securities, and biotechnology transactions and disputed matters. Ismail has handled disputes all over the world and throughout the United States on behalf of Fortune 500 companies and mid-sized privately held companies in diverse fields such as biologics, biotechnology, banking, financial services, and securities regulation.
In the Board Room – Ismail has counseled the firm’s healthcare provider and business clients in acquiring or selling assets while maximizing return and minimizing risk. He has helped clients acquire or sell over $5 billion worth of healthcare-related assets, including hospitals. Moreover, Ismail has substantial experience in various forms of mergers and acquisitions involving both acquiring and targeting clients. Additionally, Ismail has guided healthcare and biotech clients with various Food & Drug law, and FDA regulatory issues including filing for Pre-Market Approval and 510(k) submissions. Ismail started the “Biotech Bulletin” and writes extensively on emerging issues before the FDA for biologics and biotechnology companies.
Ismail is also the exclusive IR Global advisor for Crypto and Digital Assets for the Nevada market.
With respect to disputed matters, Ismail has considerable trial and arbitration experience, having been involved in over 85 trials and arbitration across multiple jurisdictions from the inception of his legal career. He has successfully litigated shareholder accounting disputes, complex, securities-related actions, trade-secret matters, trademark/trade-dress infringement claims, and commercial matters. Also, Ismail has substantial experience before the USPTO, having litigated multiple TTAB proceedings involving trademark disputes.
Ismail is admitted to practice law in California, Nevada, Texas, North Carolina & New York. Ismail attended the University of California, Irvine, and obtained a double major in International Studies and Political Science. Thereafter, Ismail attended law school at Pepperdine University, and currently serves on the Dean’s Council. In 2019, Ismail earned his Graduate Certificate from Stanford University in Genetics & Genomics. In 2022, Ismail earned his Master’s degree in Biotechnology, Enterprise & Entrepreneurship from Johns Hopkins University. Most recently, Ismail earned his Master’s in law at Georgetown Law Center’s LLM program in Securities & Financial Regulation.
Ismail is proud to serve as a Board Member for Endure to Cure – a non-profit organization that brings emotional boosts to children in cancer treatment and provides a helping hand to their families. Finally, Ismail is a global Alder member.
In addition to practicing law, Ismail is a licensed pilot, avid marathon runner, and Muay Thai Kickboxer. Ismail is proud to have earned his Abbot Labs’ 6-star medal for completion in all 6 of the World Marathon Majors.
- University of California, Irvine
- Pepperdine School of Law
- Juris Doctorate
- Stanford University
- Graduate Certificate in Genetics & Genomics
- Johns Hopkins University
- Masters – Biotechnology, Enterprise, and Entrepreneurship
- Georgetown Law Center
- LLM – Securities & Financial Regulation
Professional Licensure & Admissions
- State Bar of California; United States District Court, Central District of California
- State Bar of Nevada; United States District Court, District of Nevada
- State Bar of Texas; United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of North Carolina
- State Bar of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Committee Affiliations & Memberships
- Clark County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Nevada Civil Practice Manual, Sixth Edition, 2018-2022 Updates, Contributor
- Chapter 8: Removal and Remand
- Chapter 24: Trial Practice
- Nevada Lawyer, Volume 26, Issue 10